Friday, February 10, 2017

No More Toymakers to the King

Ahem! Now that my blog has been reclaimed from the grip of its reprehensible editor, we can get back to regular posting.

And today's post is on a two-year-long Christmas project I did, which was to draw pictures of characters and things from my book, corresponding to various lines from the song No More Toymakers to the King from the Rankin-Bass Christmas movie Santa Claus is Comin' to Town. The first four pictures I did last year, the second four this year. Here it is!


All the tin soldiers, melt them down.


Wash the face of every clown.


Every bouncing ball, deflate it.
No, I don't want to debate it. 


The ballerinas who pirouette,
Arrest their musical toes.  


Outlaw the dolls,


And sink the boats.
They bring me only woes. 


Every jack-in-the-box be sealed 
Till my wounded pride be healed. 


Stuffed animals, unstuff 'em.
If a child objects, rebuff 'em.


And there you have it! Turned out pretty well and goodly upsetting, if I do say so myself.
In closing, here's a tiny tiny Christmas pudding I knitted Mary for Epiphany.



No comments: